Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Paula


A few months ago I found out about an English Camp that would be organised by one of my English teachers. Despite the little information that I had, I was sure that this camp would be a great opportunity to practise my English and have fun as well.
So I discussed it with my parents and they willingly gave me permission to sign up and they also gave me the money for it.

At the end of this tiring and enjoyable week I could not be happier and more grateful to every person who made this possible.
Now, I would like to share my thoughts with you and let you know how much I have learnt these days.

First of all, there were some special guests invited to provide us with some valuable pieces of information.

One of these guests was Ms Monica Marasescu from the British Council organisation in Cluj.
She spoke about the Common European Framework and the European Language Portfolio. She gave us a comprehensive presentation on these two topics and also on the Cambridge exams. The speech emphasised the formats of the exams and the future changes.
These issues should be well-known by both young and mature people. They can help every European citizen be successful in his career and improve his life in his native country and abroad.

Since it was a TOEIC Camp we met another important person who talked about the TOEIC exam. Ms Zsofia Horvath from the Institute of International Education in Budapest highlighted the advantages of taking the TOEIC exam.
She also mentioned its reliability, popularity, utility and accessibility.

I have to mention the fact that, at the end of this TOEIC Camp (on Saturday), the participants had the chance to take the TOEIC exam.
In order to become more acquainted with the exam itself during this week four TOEIC exam simulations were organised for us.
These simulations proved to be very useful.
Since we had got used to the exam we were able to do well at the actual TOEIC exam on Sunday.

However, this camp was not just about exams. Many activities were organised to help us relax, have fun and enjoy ourselves.

All the participants took part in a pizza party which was meant to give us the opportunity to get to know each other better. And we did mingle and have a good time while eating a tasty pizza.

We also visited two museums: The Mineralogy Museum, since Baia Mare was an important mining centre, and the Village Museum to try to imagine how the people lived hundreds of years ago in this area.

Beverley Killeen was one of our trainers. She conducted some interesting and funny games which we all liked very much.
We were divided into teams so we had to collaborate with our team mates, but every team competed against the other ones.
This way, the games fostered our team work skills but also our competitiveness.

Anyway, these are just a few of the beautiful moments I will never forget.
We had the whole week scheduled but I have enjoyed every activity I was involved in.
There is only one more thing I have to say: This camp was a total success!

Paula Simona Ghete

Baia Mare

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home